You are the project manager / product manager / business analyst for an already launched Android
App for a Premium Subscription Video service. The current Android app supports a single paying user
account. In this service, the user is not able to watch any video at all without having a subscription.
New App Feature : Multiple User Profiles
Multiple User Profiles allow different members of the paying user’s friends and family to have their own
personalized App experience, built around the TV shows and Movies they enjoy. This new feature will
allow a fixed number of individual profiles within a single paid subscription account.
Each profile allows for its own:
UI Language preference
Featured and recommended titles based on profile preferences and viewing habits.
Enable/Disable Push Notifications
The subscription user account can set a profile to be a kids profile with appropriate parental control
rating allowance set. This is to prevent a kid getting access to inappropriate content for their age.
Your Tasks related to Multiple User Profiles feature
1. Research industry benchmarks for this feature. Consider standard user expectations and
product differentiators. Write a short summary of your research.
2. Write a short and precise brief for the design team for this new feature on the Android app
detailing what you expect from the design team as part of their first iteration which will last 1
week carried out by 1 full time senior UIUX designer who is experienced in video streaming app
3. Write a short and precise brief to the technical architect regarding this new feature detailing
what you would like them to analyse for you. The technical architect is assigned to work on
this for 3 days. No other technical resource is assigned.
4. Write 20-30 of the most important user stories for the User Profiles feature and their
acceptance criteria. Within these users stories breakdown technical tasks for the Development
team. Do this in a spreadsheet using a categorised table of user stories / tasks emulating a
product backlog in Jira and organised these items into 2-3 sprints.
5. Create a dependency table to track dependencies from outside the development team that are
required to deliver the User Profiles feature
6. Create a timeline chart for the User Profiles project for sharing with management