Holmes & Rahe Stress Scale
A personal philosophy/mission statement of nursing reflects your individual beliefs and interaction with nursing. This philosophy is not stagnant but is ever evolving as you progress in your nursing career. As you learn and do more, your philosophy statement changes (and becomes longer!). Frequently, philosophy statements incorporate specific aspects of nursing that are important to you. Possibly you might include your theoretical basis for your nursing practice, based on the various nursing theorists that have and are contributing to the nursing profession. As you begin your career, your philosophy is naturally brief and vague. As your career progresses, so too does your philosophy.
- Take the Holmes & Rahe Stress Scale assessment in Self-Care.
- Click on the Stress Scale Assessment Faith Community Nursing stress-inventory-1-1-1.pdf
- Write a paragraph reflecting on your individual results.
- Complete this assignment in 2-3 paragraphs using proper spelling, grammar, and APA format.
- Use of citations and references as needed.
- Type your answer(s) in a Word document and save the file.
What Does Your Score Mean?
150 points or less | a relatively low amount of life change and a low susceptibility to stress-induced health breakdown
150 to 300 points | 50% chance of health breakdown in the next 2 years
300 points or more Faith Community Nursing stress-inventory-1-1.pdf| 80 % chance of health breakdown in the next 2 years, according to the Holmes-Rahe statistical prediction model
The Holmes-Rahe Life Stress Inventory
Faith Community Nursing stress-inventory-1 Word.docx
- Upload the file by clicking “Upload File“.