In this unit, you learned about public health law, ethics, and the impact they have on public health policy and management. For this assignment, you will choose a peer-reviewed article related to an emerging public health law or ethics issue of your choice. Use the databases within the CSU Online Library to locate your article. The purpose of this assignment is for you to practice reviewing public health articles that contribute to public health policy and management. The authors of these articles are researchers and professionals who have shared or experimented with ideas that demonstrate the potential to improve public health practice. As a professional in the industry, it is in your best interests to review the literature for past and current public health events and evaluate proposed public health measures reviewed in such academic writings.The article you choose must meet the following requirements:
- be a peer-reviewed, academic article,
- be related to the concepts of public health law and ethics, and
- be recent (within the last 10 years).
Your article review must meet the following requirements.
- Provide a summary of the article and include an overview of the problem and a brief description of the authors’ conclusion.
- Identify the public health law or issue in the article, its role, and justify the implementation in the community.
- Explain the role of public health officials and the ethical protocol they must follow when dealing with this public health law or ethical issue, as they relate to public health program delivery, quality, and effectiveness..
- Describe the barriers faced by this public health law or ethical issue and how the public could affect policy implementation.
- Explain the public’s perspective on this public health law or ethical issue.
Your review should be at least three full pages in length and double-spaced (this does not include the title and reference pages). Use references where necessary, and be sure to cite the article reviewed.