Incident Response Teams
As you craft your initial post, you will be using information from your texts, along with conducting independent research with sources outside of the required texts. Start with the following questions:
- Although our textbook did not go over incident response teams, please do some outside research into this and describe the components of an incident response team.
- Are incident response teams being utilized my most organizations? What part do they play into incident management as a whole from a cloud perspective?
- What deliverables would be expected from an incident response team?
- What could be some benefits and challenges in regard to incident response teams?
Keep in Mind: You will need to perform independent research beyond the course text materials in order to discuss and explain the elements of a comprehensive and well-thought-out position. Consider all facets that are necessary to be proactive and successful in evaluating not only what is happening now, but also the potential future landscape.
Submission Requirements and Resources
- In order to facilitate group discussion and take into account the varying student schedules, please post original responses by Day 3 of the Week at 11:59 pm CST. Discussion boards will close Day 7 of the week at 11:59 pm CST each week.
- Head over to the resources page, Discussion Criteria: Submissions and Engagement. to view specific discussion requirements, examples, and the discussion rubric.
A HINT about Conference Discussion at the Masters Level: Try to get your initial post in early in the conference week and dialogue with your classmates through the conference week. Think of our online as discussion in a traditional classroom.
- Posting your initial post and your responses at the last moments of the discussion week would be similar to entering a traditional classroom and discussion with 10 minutes left in the class – missing the discussion and dialogue raised by your classmates. Remember, the intent of our conference discussion is to drive the discussion to the next level… the Masters Level of scholarly discussion.
- Also… posting early has its benefit, as you do not want to say the same thing that a classmate states. Finally – please use academic citations to fortify your position