In this unit, you have learned about what management information systems (MIS) is and the importance of it. For this assignment, compose a paper that discusses the key differences between data, information, information technology, and information systems. Your assignment, you should do the following:
- Define what is meant by information.
- Define what is meant by data.
- Create two matrices (one for data and one for information) that illustrate the key differences between information and data, place the matrices into your paper, and briefly discuss the differences in one or two paragraphs. Each matrix should contain characteristics and/or facts about the subjects (data and information) that show how they are different.
- Define information technology.
- Define information systems.
- Using the five-component model as an example, discuss some differences between information technology and information systems. (See the unit lesson for details.)
If you are using Microsoft Word, you can develop a matrix using the product from Microsoft.com. For an example of how to create a matrix using Microsoft Word, see the Microsoft.com explanations. You may use another computer software program that you are familiar with to create the matrices. However, you must submit your assignment in a Microsoft Word document, and the matrices should be included in the body of your assignment. Your assignment must be a minimum of two pages long (not counting the title and reference pages), and you must use at least two resources as references. Any information from these resources must be cited and referenced in APA format. Your assignment should also be in APA format.